“I would like my art to reflect mood and to clarify, suspend and capture small moments in time that often relate to the human condition.”
Gillian studied a diploma of Fine Art at Caulfield Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Victoria majoring in Printmaking.
As the Owner/Manager at Freestone Press Printmaking Studio at her home in Briagolong, Gillian runs regular workshops & classes. In 2009-2010 Gillian established Freestone Press and formed a group called the Freestone Printmakers who are currently working and exhibiting.
Contact Gillian Kline
Home Phone: bus hrs 9am-5pm 03 51455411
Gillian’s other art related experience includes:
-1990-2008 Owner producer of eye2eye theatre company with husband Clifton Kline, director eye2eye theatre, responsible for costume / set design & advertizing design for over a hundred productions.
– Set up Art House Gippsland Incorporation in 2002 , a not for profit organization, to further the careers of artists in Gippsland
– Set up and managed the Food Stalls for the Shakespeare on The River Festival, for 3 years
– Costume person for the Shakespeare festival
– Helped set up exhibitions in The Big Gallery, for the Briagolong Fine Art School
– Set up Printmaking workshops with Master Printmaker David Frazer, Martin King, Lesley Duxbury.- -Produced, published and illustrated a recipe book written by migrant women from different cultures
– Term 3, Artist in Residence, Stratford Primary School Project,’ Fire& Drought’.
– The ‘Fire and Drought’ Project, including 5 local primary schools, Meerilu, Cobains, St Patrick’s, Airly & Stratford Primary Schools, from grade 1- 6. The project cumulated in an exhibition of works from each school, at Stratford Primary School (11/07)
– 2005 Nov/Dec Gippsland Art Gallery Sale, Technician
– Catalogued and documented the gallery’s collection / hung exhibitions
– 2007 ‘The Botanical Garden Walk’ Project, Stratford Primary School, from prep-grade 6. The project cumulated in a large outdoor installation of 52 panels, painted by 104 students, depicting native birds in their natural habitat.
– 2000-2009 Involved(as an artist) in a number of group exhibitions with the ‘Briagolong Fine Art School’
– 2009-2010 Curator a number of exhibitions for aboriginal artists and not for profit organization
– East Gippsland Aboriginal Arts. Facilitated a number of printmaking and drawing workshops with aboriginal artists.
– 2011 Worked with Briagolong artists to set up the new briagolongartgallery in Briagolong which opened this October with an exhibition by the Freestone Printmakers.
-2012 Facilitated a number of workshops at Freestone Press with artists Gali Weiss, Martin King, David Frazer, Lesley Duxbury, Judy Dorber, Kate Zizys.
-2013 April Solo Exhibiton at Gippsland Art Gallery, Sale Victoria
-2013 Facilitated a number of workshops with Artists, Heather Shimmen, Kate Zizys, Judy Dorber, Wayne Viney